----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
The odd part about this discussion is that I have heard for years how LD
riders are considered second-class riders, but I'll be darned if I've ever
actually heard anyone bad-mouth a LD rider to his face.  Maybe it's just a
factoid (meaning if misinformation is told often enough, it is accepted as
the truth.)  I've heard this story over and over, and I actually took a
young horse to his first event - a LD ride.  I surely never had the
impression that anyone thought I was inferior because I did.  Maybe we
just
like to keep the rumor mill going for the entertainment value?

Barbara

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse`s ears.
~  Arabian Proverb