Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] RideCamp -LDs. - Lynne Glazer

Here we go again.

OK, come up with a new name for LD then. Intro. Or something. In Dressage there are levels. Come up with a new name. Riders who do, say, Prix St. George would not be comfortable having First Level riders grouped with them. So get creative, Howard.

Just do NOT try and call it endurance.

Like calling a 10K a marathon--it just doesn't WORK. And it's insulting. It is HARDER to do a 50 than to do a 25. They are not the same for either horse or rider. I can say that without IN ANY WAY putting down the lower distance.

We have multi day rides. 100 mile rides. I don't consider a 50 equivalent to a 100--why would anyone? So why do you think a 50 is the same as a 25? We're all "distance riders", can't we just be comfortable with that?

We will always have people/horses more comfortable with that introductory distance level--why try and categorize it the same when even the participants aren't looking for that?

Lynne
ride manager, endurance rider, LD rider
whose endurance mare is past her due date, c'mon BABY