From: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
CC: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   [RC] RideCamp -LDs.
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:41:03 -0600 (MDT)

> I did not know that, Heidi.  This is why listening to one's elders is so
>  important.  You might learn something from them.  All this time on
> Ridecamp  and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say
> something like this.   Wow!

I guess repitition pays off--I repeat that information at least once a year.

> So, 25 miles used to be endurance????  Is that what I'm hearing?  Just
> incredible how some put that distance down, when, in the beginning, it
> was  considered worthy to be called endurance.

Uh, Howard, no.  Only a few folks "put it down"--and you can find
naysayers about anything.

> I say, bring it back.  Bring it back.  Make it all inclusive.  Go back
> to  the beginning.

Again, Howard, it was discontinued in the interests of the welfare of the
horse.  What happens when there are points attached is that a few who
choose to abuse the system will hang in to the first vet check, pass that,
and then race balls to the wall for the last half.  It only takes a few to
ruin it for everyone.  The numbers of horses lined up on IVs was what
caused the 25-milers to be shut down as points rides.  I'd think that
given your interest in horse welfare, you'd be the LAST person to suggest
that we bring back such a travesty.

From must-see cities to the best beaches, plan a getaway with the Spring
Travel Guide! http://special.msn.com/local/springtravel.armx

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people ~ Karen Chaton