[RC] AMERICAN RIVER RIDE - Bill Gore? - sherman

I have Bill's  tel# 530-265-9098.

Although I have no other rides to compare it to, I thought the ride was great, too. We had a bit of a difficult time for about the first 1 1/2 miles, along the roadways, under the overpass, etc. After that, the trail was pretty easy to follow. Beautiful scenery helped me to locate a missed turn on the 50 mile loop up to Cool, shortly after stepping over a rattlesnake tail (yikes, that was scarry!) just beyond "Grandpa's Grave", I turned back to take another look at the scenery when I spotted a previously hidden ribbon on a skinny little single track through the hillside meadow! I can understand why it wasn't put on the only other bush that would have marked the trail better. It was a big poison oak bush. Being local, I always wear a very lightweight long-sleeved shirt to protect from poison oak when I ride the Folsom trails.
Hoping to actually finish my next ride,
Kathy