[RC] 2004 Biltmore Coverage - John Teeter

The 2004 Biltmore Estate Challenge will take place on 8 May. This year, the Biltmore will have CEI***/**, Open AERC (100 & 50), and also host the Region 12 IAHA 100 Mile Championship. The event will again be hosted on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate in Ashville North Carolina. Ride Manager Anne Ayala and the Biltmore staff wil host an expected 180 endurance competitors during the 3 day event.

Angie McGhee, having ridden 11 previous Biltmore Challenges, will
provide first hand reports from Asheville. We look forward to
providing timely information on Saturday as the rides progress as well
as background information on the Estate and the riders competing at
this years event.

This years Biltmore is also the first of 3 USEF Endurance Team
Training Events. (The other two will be Fort Howes on June 13th and
the Abu Dhabi Arabian Nights ride on August 28th). All 10 US Endurance
Team Members will be attending these events, riding where/when
practical and helping when not. The Biltmore will provide a suitably
competitive venue for the first of these tests.

EnduranceWorld.net will provide before, during, and after the ride
coverage of this years Biltmore. We wish all participants, organizers,
volunteers, and especially Anne the best of luck for this years
challenge.

More to come at the ride coverage site:

http://www.enduranceworld.net/events/2004biltmore/

John Teeter (and Angie - although she didn't get to proof-read
this....:)

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people ~ Karen Chaton