Re: [RC] did AHA give in or did they have no choice - Katrina O'Neal

If you read the sentence in #2 in it's totality, it is referring to the business benefits of the AHA Data Source (they charge to use it), which, with the inclusion of the all the SA horses, now has over 70% of the world's Arabs.

Of course they had a choice...there is ALWAYS a choice. But I don't think the Arabian breed is in such a strong position that they can afford to drain the treasury to make to point. The breeders who want to keep purity above all will not utilize these bloodlines. As long as they are identified, then breeders can choice to shy away from them if they'd like to. And if these bloodlines start proving popular and winning in the show ring even though they are subpar in terms of soundness, brain and athletic ability...oh, wait...isn't that already happening?

Oh yeah! They're called HALTER horses; and being purebred doesn't make them any better for the breed....at least the Shagya are known as solid performance horses.

Katrina