Re: [RC] did AHA give in or did they have no choice - heidi

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I didn't save the original, but that sure wasn't what I got out of it.
 He was extolling the good that this would do for breeders and for
business.

Diane said:
The only reference to the merits of the case is #4 below.  If that's the
most positive thing he could say about the SA breeders' case, I can only
assume he must have a great deal negative to say but can't due to his
position.

I read #2 to be extolling the virtues of accepting the horses as well.
One might argue that the "business benefits" would be the cessation of
legal fees, I suppose--but it is "benefits" in the plural, and I read that
to mean increased business for the association and its members, inferring
trafficking in these horses.

I also see #3 as assuming a whole heckuva lot--it doesn't "settle" any
disagreements "between camps" as he puts it.  That's sure a good glossing
over.

And while #7 lists the "milestone" as being the freedom of lawsuits, the
wording that this is a "successful" conclusion certainly leads one to
believe that he was firmly in favor of it.

Sorry, I stand by my assertion that this was not JUST a matter of getting
us out of a lawsuit, but was something that the current administration was
fully behind and wanted to have happen.  The former I would
understand--the latter leaves me even more disgruntled with the merger of
AHR and IAHA.

Heidi

----------------------
Here are the 7 quotations I found that contained both reference to the
SA situation AND some sort of positive comment:

Today, I am pleased to tell you that our remaining lawsuit involving the
South American breeders who have sought recognition by the Arabian Horse
Registry, now AHA, has been settled.

I want to point out that this agreement contains certain business
benefits for our Association while enhancing the timely data we can make
available to all breeders.

The successful conclusion of this lawsuit is significant in that it
settles a long-standing dispute between two camps of members, both
passionately devoted to the good of the breed.

It recognizes the reality of both sides of the argument.

It took many hours of deliberation, discussion and soul searching to
make this agreement a reality.

By reaching this decision, we have eliminated the possibility of a court
dictating to us what we must do or not do.

As your president, I view this successful conclusion as a milestone in
our history. For the first time in many years, we have no lawsuits to
drain our time and energies, and most importantly, our financial
resources.