Re: [RC] Pull codes - Beth Walker

I don't believe #4 occurs. This is my understanding of the process:

1) You arrive at a vet gate, get a Fit2Continue
2) You decide to pull.
3) You tell the vet that you are not continuing. At that point, you have to turn in your ride card, and the code is determined and recorded:
-- RO: You are pulling for non-horse related reasons
-- RO-L: Something is going on lameness-wise, even though it is not bad enough for a vet pull.
-- RO-M: Same thing, but metabolic
-- RO-S: Same thing, but for cuts, bruises, cactus spines, tack galls, etc.

Once that is done, even if you go back to the vet for a recheck, or things deteriorate, etc., the code is not changed.