Re: [RC] Very Virtual Endurance - John Teeter - John Teeter

On Feb 24, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Ginger Bill wrote:

Since VV is unreal, which we all know, why do we have to do the GPS thing if we already know the miles we are doing?
b/c everyone ELSE gets to look at your training loops! It's been great fun watching Rod do 2.5 mile loops around an airplane in his pasture!!

it also encourages newbies to follow old-timers and learn a few tricks (wait till you see our next series of rides as we try to figure out the new training technics that are sweeping the endurance world!!)

If a person is cheating on the miles they are cheating no-one but themselves. I don't know, maybe someone can clue me in. Ginger
the whole "cheating" thing is a red herring in the virtual world - you REALLY are only cheating your self (b/c you didn't get the fun of doing the miles) or your horse (b/c you didn't give him proper care/ management/conditioning) -- you're not gaining any advantage against anyone else and besides, with so much full transparency, it's very hard to really cheat - In the Jan ride, Don was cycling through 3 horses that last day to keep fresh mounts under him as he swept to victory!! I think he almost missed the cut-off time (sunset) on his last loop:)

We still have some issues with doping rules however. We had one rider dq herself b/c she uses a supplement with Alo Vera in it -- I personally think that you should continue to maintain your mounts as you normally would and ride as you normally would as well.

jt