RE: [RC] Be part of the solution - Don Huston

Hello Susan,
I think you have a very good idea here. I especially like that it gives the vets (who have the authority to say "you're outta here") a way to lean a little harder (tougher criteria) on newbies that might want to race. A tougher criteria might have stopped the Mariposa disaster at the first vet check by getting pulled?

On a lighter note. The "big grey moose" and I have been riding out in 25,000 acres of burned over moonscape and fixing trail etc so I am on the ground working while he watches. He has sampled every type of burnt stuff there is and has taken a liking to little finger sized crispy burnt branches. He crunches up a 3-4" long piece every now and then and drools black slime....yack. Could those sticks cause a problem?

Don Huston