Re: [RC] re: speed at multidays - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

Start times? I'm still kind of wet behind the ears, even though I rode a lot last year. Do they space start times out where you are? Or am I not understanding. We all start at the same time on the rides in the Western region. How about maybe all of us who are coming into the vet check at the same time are riding at the same speed? Idunno.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Truman Prevatt" <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "TypeF (Jackie Floyd)" <typef@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ride Camp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] re: speed at multidays

We're running 100 to 150 riders regularly. Some rides do have six vets, some don't but we don't have lines very often. If all horses are ending up at the check at the same time - then more though has to be given to the start times and trails.

Truman

TypeF (Jackie Floyd) wrote:

So if you have vet lines - maybe you should be protesting to the ride management.

Not enough hours in the day for that I think! LOL Actually, I think we just have such a big population in the West, RM's would have to have 6 vets at a ride not to have lines. We have plenty of rides to choose from, they all just have a lot of entries. What I'm remembering (I'm old, so take this with a grain of salt, memory not being what it use to be hehe) most I've been to have anywhere from 2 to 4 vets. How you get 4 vets to vet a ride when half the vets are riders themselves, I haven't figured out yet. When they've had 4 they usually leap frog them two at time past each other to the next vet check, it seems, so that there are usually two at any given place. But when you've got an average of a 100 horses at a ride, you're gonna get lines. It's a rule, you know ... that ALL the horses end up at the vet check at the same time LOL!!! And I would never protest about the P&R lines when all those horses show up at once. All those nice volunteers are doing the best job they can to get all the horses through to their hold times. I'm just happy they're volunteering!

:) Jackie

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman