[RC] Pull Codes - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lauretta tikitiki69@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like having the codes online.  I use the stats about me and my
horse for the rides I do to plan 1. any training issues I need to
address and to help plot Shaba's progress as he does more rides
and 2. which rides I will or wont repeat.  I look at the pull
stats for a ride overall for the same reason.  I don't look down
on another rider for having a pull; sh-- happens, there could be
a rock w/ your name on it, horses have metabolic problems
sometimes even if they are ridden conservatively and
considerately, there are too many variables on a ride that can
cause a pull even with the best preparation.  Now, if one rider
has stats for 5 different horses and every other ride for every
horse is a pull, might be something there.  But in general, if a
rider has a lame pull or metabolic pull on their record, it is
silly to jump to conclusions as to the reason with out being
there and knowing the circumstances.  I don't understand how it
would really be derogatory or hurtful to anyone to have your
stats online.  The only other reason I could think of that you
would want to refer to someone else's stats specifically  would
be if you wanted to buy a horse from someone, and if they have a
lot of pulls for, say, lameness, you may want to consider this
when deciding to buy the horse or not.  But not to personally attack an
individual.  If I have a pull, I can refer back to it
and try to determine if it was my fault, or (if a lame
pull for an example) if it was a particularly rocky ride and I
might want to take additional precautions if I ride it in the
future.  Heck, I cant remember half the things I did yesterday
and why I did them <g>.  The stats are a useful memory-jogger.
I can look at my stats, say 'oh, yeah,
that was the ride w/ the really rocky section, and Shaba hit a
rock and was pulled lame' and determine if it is worth doing the
ride again. The stats are there to help riders keep records on
their horses and themselves over time, IMO, and not set up to
cause any purposeful public humiliation, if that is how someone
is perceiving it....................

Lauretta and Shaba (I only keep track of how many treats I get..)