[RC] Information from Pulled Horses - KimFue

I guess it is my Oldtimer's disease kicking up, while building an apple storage box, I just remembered that there is a vet report required at each ride. The head vet is supposed to fill it out and give lots more information about pulls than just L, M, RO etc.

Does anyone know what is done with these reports? I don't remember any EN articles about the results of analysis of vet reports.

Wow, another job for ride vets and ultimately ride managers to have to do during a ride??  Is the information gleened from these reports that important that the ride vets need to do more paper work?  I thought only special reports had to be filed if a horse died during a ride.

Many times the vets are still busy with horses even during dinner and awards.  I have been to several rides where the RM has to go find the head vet to award BC because he is busy checking a horse after the ride.  I guess they have to stay up all night to fill out AERC forms if they want to go home in the morning :)

As much as I enjoy reading ride stats and detailed information I wonder how much of this demand for additional information is adding an extra buden on our ride vets and ride managers? Some large rides have over 20 pulls.  Can you imagine the vets trying to write out details on each and every horse pull.  The head vet probably wouldn't even have pulled many of the horses.  Is the vet supposed to put all details on the rider card immediately when he pulls the horse? Wouldn't that back up horses if there were several horses waiting to be vetted.  Then does the head vet copy  all that infomation to an AERC form to leave with the RM so the RM can send it in with ride results?

Kim