Re: [RC] Pull Codes - KimFue

In a message dated 09/22/2005 8:46:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I don't mind your disagreeing with me--I'd just like to know what it is
we disagree about.  Please, again, enlighten me as to how riders skew
pull codes, on a properly run ride.  Truman reports that the vets
understand the pull codes in his region, and with an occasional
exception (again, misuse, not abuse) I've seen them properly applied
here as well.  Is there something going on in other regions that is
different?  Both concepts are out of my realm of experience or imagination, so please, cite specifics.
Otherwise, comments that include phrases like "whining" or "get over
it" will continue to come to mind.

Heidi
Heidi,
  I didn't realize that you posted the above on this list.  I will privately send you the examples and details of rider misuse of pull codes I myself have witnessed since you will not take my word that I have seen this at rides I have attended.  If you need more I can probably come up with more but these are off the top of my head.  I probably attend fewer rides then the average rider so I do believe these cases are more then accidents or ignorance or chance.  The stats Mike quotes seem to back up what I am seeing. I am taking your word that you have not and do not see misuse at the rides you attend and that every ride vet you encounter at rides is never influenced by riders.    Perhaps this will help clarify my point of view and if it does not  there is not much more I can say except we see the issue differently and see different solutions to this issue.

Kim