[RC] pull codes - sandy . l . holder

Hi folks,

I've been reading about pull codes, only mildly interested, and before someone says I'm off my rocker, here's why I say it.

I'm just your common everyday kind of rider who's goal it is to ride my ponies for a long period of time.  Tally so far has 4 years with me and it's looking better and better as the years go on (10 is the goal but since he's already 16, who knows).

Twice this past year, I've been "pulled".  The first was on American Justice.  He's my greenie (at 11 - yes, we start them late) and on his first ride, was slightly off at the 15 mile vet check.  Even though the vet said I could probably walk him the last 10 miles and still make the cut off, I chose to pull him (RO) because I didn't want to take a chance.  It ended up recorded as "Lame" even though I saw him write RO - but I really don't care because to me he was grade 2 and could have gone to grade 3.

Something similar happened at Tevis.  Funny thing is that when I got my vet card, you can see where someone crossed out the "grade 2" and hand wrote in (not the vets writing), "grade 3 - Lame" and it shows up as lame.

Personally I don't care about either one of them showing up "Lame" but that's just me.  I guess there are some out there that really do.  The bigger question is, based on the discussion thread, is how does this information 'skew' the records?  I don't know but just thought I'd share another perspective.  I'll be quiet now and focus on the fun I'm going to have this weekend when all 5 ponies at my place will be at the Pac South - Oakland Hills ride.  Speaking of which, Nick Warhol is the greatest!!!  I just signed up a sweet young lady to ride my greenie and even though Nick has his hands full, he took the time to sign her up.  Oh, and one other thing, I only own 2 of the ponies, with the 3rd 'permanently' kidnapped and the other two I love and enjoy keeping them at my place.  I wonder how the records will reflect all of that, given that this will be the first "event" for 2 of the riders on two of the horses.  Good horses, good riders, I hope we all 'make it through'.

Bye for now,
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.