[RC] Mother found in Georgetown (!) - Sky Ranch

My very stubborn (ha!) mother drove all the way to Georgetown, TX (north of Austin) yesterday, and found a room for the night.  Unfortunately, the motel had only 1 room for 1 night, so she was going to have to 'hit the road' again.  But a woman who works there at the motel offered her a room in her house, for indefinite stay.  She will most likely have to be there for several days.  The generosity and selflessness of people in this time of crisis is truly inspiring.  I spoke with this wonderful angel (her name is Sheri) as well as my mother just now, and she laughed and said, yes, your mother is really an independent one.  She couldn't believe she's 82 and had set off by herself like that.  (doesn't surprise me at all...)

I cannot thank enough all of you who offered your kind words and thoughts and prayers to me over the past day (a long day).  Several people even offered to take my mother into their homes.  Thank you and bless you.  I certainly hope that everyone who is out there seeking refuge from the storm will find the help they need.

Sincerely,
Carla Richardson