Re: [RC] Brand Inspections - Truman Prevatt

I guess I am so used to the anal attitude over transport of horses in and out of FL, I assumed most other states were at least somewhat organized. Now the state is defining transport as anytime you move your horse - including when you are riding it. If we ride on state land we have to have on us a copy of our Coggins or our Coggins card.

The game warden is out checking just as he does for hunting and fishing license. Some are jerks some are okay. As of yet I don't know that anyone that has gotten anything but a warning ticket. But that's a little too anal for me.

Truman

Sisu West Ranch wrote:

"...Aren't the health certificates issued by the state in WI or MN? ..."

Perhaps a copy goes to the state after the vet signs them, but I sort of doubt it. Even in MT, the only thing that connects the state with the health papers is the re-importation number that is issued when the vet calls the state and gives them, over the phone, his secret number.

I guess a copy of the coggins goes somewhere when it is tested, but that is really only in the case of a positive test.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein