Re: [RC] Brand Inspections - Truman Prevatt

Sisu West Ranch wrote:

Now, in a brand inspection state one can argue that whatever papers you have from a non inspection state satisfy the laws of your home state to prove ownership, but since they are not official state issued documents an (un)civil servant may decide that you are wrong. When in the future the Feds get a national animal ID system working, either separately or with various state laws, the brand inspection states will have official paperwork (either paper or electronic, it doesn't really matter) to look at and verify. Paper work is what makes these people's days go around.

FL issues an official "Coggins ID card" which is an official state issued ID document - with FL statue listed. Health papers issues in FL are also official state documents - issued by the FL dept of ag and consumer services - covered under appropriate state statues. So I'm not sure how an (un)civil servant could get it mixed up. Given these official government documents are sufficient for the state of FL - they are sufficient for any state - just like your drivers license. I expect most other states are the same.

Some years ago I had a US Governement drivers license. I had it primarly for making it easy to rent cars overseas back when I was in service to her majesty the Queen. One day that's all I had on me - I didn't have my MD license. Well Deupty Barney was giving me a hard time and it was one of these "boy you are in a heap of trouble, boy." He goes back to his car and in about 5 minutes returns with a sheepish grin, and tells me to be on my way. He didn't even get me for the 15 mph over the speed limit I was going. It is amazing what happens when they learn the truth.

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein