Re: [RC] Brand Inspections - Sisu West Ranch

"...Given these
official government documents are sufficient for the state of FL - they
are sufficient for any state - just like your drivers license. I expect
most other states are the same...."

That is exactly my point: FL has state livestock identification laws that issue official state paperwork. The problem is when you come from say WI or MN. Neither of these states have any laws that provide for the issue of state official paperwork. All you have is a coggins and a interstate health paper drawn up by a vet, not a state agency. Now neither of these has associated with it a photograph. On top of this, because neighboring states are usually pretty lax, the coggins you get in MN or WI probably does not even have the markings carefully drawn in unless you specifically ask your vet to be careful because you are going out west. etc.

On top of all this BS, even in brand inspection states the presence of a certificate is pretty meaningless. We had a colt born on our place last year. He is a registered Arabian, and except for one suspect ancestor, as pure an Arabian as there is. In relation to brand inspection, he could be the result of a chance mating of an uninspected grade mare with a neighbor's donkey. When, at some time in the future, I call the brand inspector out, he will have to take my word that this full grown equine was born on my place and is mine.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875