From: Lif Strand <lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   "pound dog" mentality for horses?

--=======3CBF35F5=======

At 10:54 AM 9/5/2004, Gabi (Ra'anana Farm) wrote:
>On the other hand, it is so rare that cheap horses win it from the $
>horses, that it stands out, but does not proof they are equal?

No, it doesn't prove that they are *all* equal.  The rare exception
does
not prove that they are equal at all, only that the possibility is
there.  All that it shows is that there is a *chance* that somewhere,
sometime, and rarely, a cheap pound horse will win in some sport.  But
as
Heidi has brought up, what if that cheap pound horse was actually a
purebred QH that was better bred than the horse he beat?

As Sandy said, the source of the horse, where you got it, isn't the
point.  It's *what* you get that counts.

I know Truman is sick to death of this discussion, but I am finding
that it
is really refining our thoughts about what a successful endurance horse
is.  This "source" talk is just one aspect, of course, but it has been
very weak link in the chain of thought.  I hope we can continue it and
learn more.

    Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com