Re: [RC] pound dog mentality for horses...making me wonder - Chris Paus

Tracey, relax... sometimes threads spin way off the
original post. That's just the way it is...

Come join us. I've got a field full of purebred
horses, but the one I compete on consistently is
unpapered and I haven't a clue what his pedigree is.

I have come to rides in an old Dodge Dakota and a 2H
BP trailer. I did that for 7 years before getting a
well used Rv to pull the trailer. But that Rv burned
to the ground in May, so I went back to truck and
trailer.

I just recently purchased my first GN trailer with
sleeping quarters. It's a 1978.. sturdy and safe, but
hardly fancy.

What's so neat about this sport is that there IS room
for everyone. You'll see people on all kinds of
horses, from Icelandic ponies, to Arabs, to QHs, to
mules, Appies, etc. Lots of "grade" horses too.

Some people have crews to help them at vet checks, the
rest of us take care of ourselves.  There are people
with $40,000 rigs and people with trucks and tents.
Some people ride in $2,000 saddles, others ride in
ebay specials.

There's no rules about rider clothing.. comfort is
what's important.

You can race, you can toddle along in the back of the
pack, or ride all kinds of places in between.

I think it's one of the most inclusive equestrian
sports ever!

yes, we get off on tangents on Ridecamp, but, heck,
it's just debate and it's only a smattering of the
folks who get out there and really do the sport.

So, not to worry.

chris
--- Tracey Smith <tracey.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Truman is not the only one sick of this thread.  As
a newbie to this sport your post just seems arrogant
to me and it's as if you are saying because my mare
was a rescue and not papered she is not qualified to
compete alongside your "highbred" horses.

I can assure you I did not go to an auction looking
for an endurance prospect and before I considered
even KEEPING this mare she was fully evaluated by my
vet.  Same vet has also been consulted to be sure
she is sound and capable of doing what I ask.

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus