Re: [RC] [RC]Horse Buying/Selling - Lif Strand

At 06:32 PM 7/20/2004, Ed & Wendy Hauser wrote:
Of course the other side is: What is the size of the market for endurance horses?

Yeah, that is a big limiting factor as well. I think it is something that would just make the evolution of the sport slower, however, not totally stop it.

I do hope that in the future the buyers of endurance horses become more informed consumers and thus more willing to pay for exceptional endurance prospects. I am just not holding my breath. Wendy says I have become a cynic in my old age.

I don't know, maybe you're a realist. I'm an optimist - but I do realize patience is necessary, and that what I envision for the sport - which may not be what the rest of those involved with it would agree with - might take so much time it will not come about while I'm still alive and kicking.

________________________________ Lif Strand fasterhorses.com Quemado NM USA