Re: [RC] [RC] Looking up previous owners - firedancefarms

Kristen,
My daughter decided to ride my beloved gelding in endurance when he was 18.  He did 1000 miles of 50s in his 18 and 19th year, with never a problem.  We retired him for three reasons:
we wanted to retire him sound, she wanted to start another horse, and he did not trailer well.

We are going to do soem 50s on my Russian stallion, Krakow, this year.  He is 19.
My son retired his mare at 20 (she could still win a ride) because he went off to college and wanted a foal.  At 21, she is in foal to Krakow!

Since my Russian mare, Persimmon DSA, won't seem to come back in heat after her foal this year, I may get her ready for the NC in MT next June.  She is 17, and I have no problem getting her ready to do 100s.

With good care, you will have many good years.  Just remember when they get older, they  don't heal as fast.

Good luck and have many happy miles!
Louise

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians