Re: [RC] [RC] Looking up previous owners - Kari Hanes

Maggie,
I just spoke with Bonnie. She was very happy to hear about her horse and know she was okay. She was very distressed to find out Frank sold her at auction. She is having her daughter copy some photos of her for me. I told her to pass them off to you and we could get them at the next endurance ride. I hope that's okay with you. She also said I may be able to get Frank to sign the papers off to us for a fee, she is willing to do it for nothing. Do you (or anyone else) have any idea what the proper price would be to do something like that? Thanks for all the information, I knew there was something special about that mare when I first saw her, I had know idea how special she is. She is PURE Polish, exceptional bloodlines. Though at 16 years old we wont be endurance riding her, we will take her to open shows and possibly arab shows if we can get her papers. Her babies will definately be endurance prospects!
Thanks!
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

Maggie Mieske wrote:
Kari,
I know where this horse came from.  We have a mare from that farm.  She was
probably one of the horses sold when Bonnie and Frank divorced.  Bonnie is
remarried and is one of our clients.  She is still in Clarksville.  We have
a mare we got from Bonnie ourselves who just had a beautiful colt by Malik.
She may have been passed around and you may hear some bad things about
Bonnie but she was trying to make the best of a bad situation.  We think she
is a stand up lady.  I am not sure if she sold the horse or if Frank did but
she is an upfront lady and will tell you what she can.  Her name now is
Bonnie Bedwell and her number is 616-374-1180.  I don't know if she would be
willing or is able to help with ownership papers or not as she sold most of
these horses at a very definite loss.  But I would say you got a helluva
deal even if you never do get the papers.  :)  She practically GAVE most of
them away.  Almost but not quite.  Good luck and have fun with her.
Miles of smiles,
Maggie
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."
Christopher Reeve