Re: [RC] LD/Endurance/BC - Joe Long

On Fri, 14 May 2004 21:33:26 -0400, Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

read my original post. it simply stated all mileage could be counted.

All mileage is counted.  The AERC has had an LD program for some time, including
lifetime horse and rider LD miles.  Where have you been?

if
there is somewhere in the bylaws that addresses how the AERC counts
mileage, please point it out. after all you stated it would require a
bylaw change.

Uh, the definition of an endurance ride?  How else would you count lifetime
*endurance* miles?

Surely you know that many horses and riders in the AERC records have also done
CTR and Ride & Tie?  Their owners often say things like "My horse has X lifetime
miles, Y endurance, Z CTR, and W LD miles."  Everyone is free to do that, you
know.  However, when the AERC publishes a horse's or rider's lifetime
*endurance* miles, they must be miles earned on AERC-sanctioned *endurance*
rides.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes