Re: [RC] LD catagory....? - heidi

This year based on a preceived demand - maybe from people on the list
saying they were going to do a 100 - two rides offered 100's in the SE.
Three riders showed up at each. Will these ride managers offer 100's
next year. I doubt it and I can't blame them.

But therein lies part of the problem.  If riders cannot depend on these
100s year after year, they can't plan ahead.  They see a 100-miler offered
one year, and that makes them think gee, I could do that in a year or two
if I worked toward it--but then next year it isn't offered, so they quit
dreaming about it.

Yes, it is a pain to offer 100s for just a handful of riders--but if RMs
aren't dedicated to the concept, one can't expect riders to be, either.

Heidi

Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~  Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance