Re: [RC] Recipe for doing a 100 - heidi

 But these days folks are less
daring and want more instant gratification,than it seems way back when,
and even with all the electrolytes, HRM's,  Temp. Gauges, Super Crews
and LQ's, Joint supplements, Dues to all the organizations,  and fancy
'Endurance' saddles and matching biothane tack, and all these different
shoeing jobs that cost almost a weeks salary for some, the #'s say you
are backing down from Endurance

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that we seemed to produce a lot more
100-mile horses WITHOUT all the lytes, gadgets, etc.?  And horses that
LASTED for years, to boot?  Sometimes I think we gadget and gimmick
ourselves to death.  (But then I think on the whole, breeders were
breeding horses more suitable to being ridden, period, a few decades ago,
and the spinoff from that was much more available even 20 years ago.)

Heidi

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris