[RC] Recipe for doing a 100 - goearth

How some of you folks have the time to respond to all this latest LD thread and have a normal working life i'll never know, but i'm envious of the capability.  So here's my recipe for doing a 100.  1/2 oz. of guts and a ton of determination and restraint to a 5 MPH pace.  Weather and climatic conditions are not factors.  It worked for me on my first 2 AERC rides.  The OD 100 in 1977 and 1979.  But these days folks are less daring and want more instant gratification,than it seems way back when, and even with all the electrolytes, HRM's,  Temp. Gauges, Super Crews and LQ's, Joint supplements, Dues to all the organizations,  and fancy 'Endurance' saddles and matching biothane tack, and all these different shoeing jobs that cost almost a weeks salary for some, the #'s say you are backing down from Endurance and all the while wanting to be called an ...'Endurance Rider' at 25 miles.  Give me a break before i puke up my supper.  Call yourself anything that makes you feel good.  But Please, do not call yourself or think of yourself as an "Endurance Rider' if you go out to meander or race for a 25 mile'Training Ride'.  LD is a whole nother ball game and maybe its time for the AERC to more precisely define what LD is within the organization.    tom sites