Re: [RC] Angie's 100 Mile comments & New Junior 100 Mile Award - Truman Prevatt

Question about logistics and definitions here - yep the Devil is in the details. By the time that many jr.. get to a 100 they are already approved to ride as a senior. So if a jr. is riding with a senior without a sponsor - are they eligible or not for this award?

My vote would be this should be an award and anyone under the official AERC senior age should be eligible - independent of if they are riding as a jr. or senior.

Truman

DreamWeaver wrote:

We already have at least one junior rider who is planning on getting this award!  I hope that we can get the word out (ideas appreciated) so that we can maybe encourage more participation in the one day 100 mile rides.  When the juniors ride, they need to take a sponsor along with them :-).

In case anybody would like to see what has happened with the 100 mile distance and junior riders:

http://aerc.org/Education_Max_Junior.asp

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.