Re: [RC] Angie's 100 Mile comments & New Junior 100 MileAward - DreamWeaver

At 05:32 PM 5/15/2004, Truman Prevatt wrote:
Question about logistics and definitions here - yep the Devil is in the details. By the time that many jr.. get to a 100 they are already approved to ride as a senior. So if a jr. is riding with a senior without a sponsor - are they eligible or not for this award?

My vote would be this should be an award and anyone under the official AERC senior age should be eligible - independent of if they are riding as a jr. or senior.

Absolutely! All Junior members (they are still Junior members even if they have their letter and met qualifications to ride unsponsored) are included in the statistics on 100 mile Junior riders.

I like supporting the kids and think that if they have been riding for a few years, and reach 12, 13, 14, etc. and are attempting 100's that they deserve a little applause and recognition. I know that many do reach 14 and get their letter, but rides like Tevis still won't let them ride unsponsored. Any one day 100 they do will count, sponsored or not -- so long as they are a Junior member.

Karen

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle. ~ Bob Morris