Re: [RC] LD/Endurance/BC - Truman Prevatt

But it wouldn't take a by-laws change to say roll the LD miles into lifetime miles for either horse and/or rider.

The AERC is growing and I suspect the demographics of the membership is changing. The only constant in the universe is change. How many people say, "I'm going to the Bo Diddly Memorial ride and doing the LD," I'm going to the Bo Diddly Memorial ride and doing the 25." I've heard the latter - don't remember hearing the former unless it was a scarastic response to a comment.

How many people "just do 50's or 100's?" - vs. "how many might ride a 25 one weekend and a 50 the next?  All tells me that for the average rank and file member that does only a ride or two a year - which is the majority - the 25 is considered an "endurance" ride.

There are subtle signs out there - for example number of starters in LD is growing fast and the number of starters in 100 mile rides is declining just as fast - to indicate the every present forces of change are having their impact. There has been a tremendious change in the sport over the past 10 years and I expect there will be just as much over the next 10. Someday there most likely won't be enough LD bashers around - so this subject won't rear its head on a periodic basis.

Truman