Re: [RC] Trailering with automatic transmission - Barbara McCrary

My husband loves his diesel Dodge 3500 (I think it is) with 6-speed stick shift.  Torque, control, power and stability with a 20' gooseneck aluminum stock trailer which we outfitted with LQs.  The horses loose load and we tie them to the side rail on the crown side of the road.  They automatically slant load...without the dividers.

Barbara

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Trailering with automatic transmission

It doesn't work lots of places.  If it's steep enough, and long enough, you WILL end up going too fast, or putting too much strain on your engine, with most automatics -- even in 4WD (which helps to slow you), and in the lowest setting "1" ... and yes, I know the newer automatics work better, but I still prefer a standard.  More control.

Carla Richardson
Colorado