Re: [RC] Trailering with automatic transmission - Carla Richardson

I would love that set-up, too!  :-)

My horse rides at a slant in his little 2 horse, I move the divider over, with hay bales standing on end on the "empty" side, and he loads, then moves his butt over to the right.  The first few times he tried to unload he forgot to move over and he kept backing into the center pole.  <g>  Now, he knows the drill, he moves to the left and backs up.  In the trailer before this one, the center divider didn't move easily, so I never moved it.  He had to stand "straight."  He sat on his tail and would ride that way, with his tail jammed up against the door.  I was forever wrapping his tail and then he'd get rubs from the wrap on his skin.  It was so annoying.  Then, trailer change, move divider over, and he doesn't prop himself like that any more.  Interesting.  He's happier and so am I, no more need to wrap his tail.  No more rubs.

Carla Richardson
Colorado