[RC] Water Delivery System - Angie Fura

Hi everyone - a part of the Trace Tribute proceeds go towards trail maintenance of the Natchez Trace Parkway horse trails in middle Tennessee.  Last year we raised $800.  We hope to raise even more money this year.

I'm partnering with the NTP rangers to put our donation money to use by putting in a water source at one of the trailheads (highway 7).  Its in a section of trail that has no natural water nearby.

We need to find a watering system that will be secure, free from vandalism, easy to clean, and give safe access to horses for drinking.  The system used at other NTP trail heads uses a trough and a regular water hydrant (with pump handle), but the pump is locked so people won't accidentally leave it running.   The water in the trough is subject to algae.  We can clean it, but since the pump is locked, we have no way to fill it again until the ranger comes with the key.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a water delivery system that we can use?

Thanks for your help

Angie Fura
Trace Tribute 25/55/75

Pending sanctioning approval