[RC] AERC rides and FEI Rides - Michael Maul

Comments in **** below

Are you saying that at the NM ride, Fits, Git r done, Owyhee, Ft. Howes and the Desert Classic, the ride manager will NOT be collecting a per rider starter fee and AERC sanctioning fees from those riders that are riding for FEI?

*** All riders are required to enter the AERC ride before entering the FEI ride. That means AERC is receiving a ride fee on every horse competing at the ride.

Are you saying that if the FEI rider is not an AERC member, they are not required to pay the "day" fee and do they have their own insurance?

*** If the FEI rider is not an AERC member - then they pay a Day Member fee in the AERC ride ****

Are you saying that all of the fees involved in putting on a ride will NOT apply to the FEI riders?

*** I'm not sure what you mean here. All riders will pay the AERC ride fee, Day member fee, and Drug fee if not in California.

If AERC accepts money from the ride manager, and gives sanctioning to a ride so that they HAVE FEI rides, which is for the benefit of AERC-I riders, how in the world can you say AERC does not support FEI?

*** AERC does not accept sanctioning for FEI only rides. They only sanction AERC rides. In the case of the many other organizations that co-sanction with AERC rides - AHA, ECTRA, UMECRA, OCTRA, and FEI with AERC members sometimes entered in both divisions - would you say that we are supporting AHA and other organizations? ******

Who else gives international sanctioning for AERC-International riders?

**** I'm not sure what you mean here. To compete internationally in a discipline, a rider has to belong to their particular discipline and the national organization. To compete internationally, a US citizen has to belong to and be a member of good standing in AERC and USEF.*****

So AERC offers training, training clinics, has a committee dedicated to international riding all of which takes place under FEI and you say AERC has nothing to do with that?

****AERC offers educational articles online that we hope are used by all horsemen and women of all equine sports to improve the health and welfare of their horses. We don't care if our articles on training and horse care are used by NATRC, ECTRA, SEDRA, AHA, or AQHA as long as they benefit how horses are conditioned and used.

AERC has a committee - AERC-I - which is no different than our Education or Competitions committees. Committees have a purpose and focus that is supposed to benefit AERC members. AERC-I happens to focus on AERC members who want to compete internationally to the best of their and their horses ability. These members ride mostly in AERC rides with some international competition. ******