RE: [RC] WEG 2010 / AERC / FEI - Kristen A Fisher

Good luck with that. You must have USEF sanctioning for AHA shows, and all exhibitors must also be USEF members – and it’s a completely different membership – with no associated discounts.

http://www.usef.org/Contentpage2.aspx?id=membership

Kristen in TX

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Sacks
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:35 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] WEG 2010 / AERC / FEI

It seems to me that AERC has limited influence on USEF and FEI rules, regulations, and goals. They are separate organizations with separate memberships. The sandbox mentality of  saying I don't like their game so I won't play is very ineffective. USEF & FEI won't care. They will simply go on playing their game the way they like to. We have 6000 plus members. If we all joined USEF we would only represent 6-7% of their total membership but if we continue to grow at the rate we have over the last few years that percentage may increase. We would then have a voice in what USEF and FEI do, at least here in the US. Maybe instead of having a $10 add on for FEI-I, it would be beneficial for all of us if AERC were to negotiate with USEF for a discounted membership in USEF that would be included in our AERC dues. This would give all of us an individual voice in USEF & FEI doings as well as a voice for our total organization. I haven't been able to find AERC listed as an affiliated organization on the USEF website. We can sit here and grouse all we want about how bad things may be but if we aren't members of USEF it is pointless. Surely, based on our average ages, we must have learned something in the sixties about organization. An organized voice is louder than individual voices and can even beat money.

Richard Sacks
rsacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.equipedic.com