Re: [RC] [RC] LD and Placings - Crysta Turnage

Actually ALL LD rides/riders only receive miles.  There are NO points for LD, period.  All of the National and Regional LD awards are based on mileage only.  The only award for LD where placings matter, is the rides that offer an AERC LD BC, in which case you need to finish in the top 10.  So saying you would not go to a LD ride where your were only awarded mileage, is like saying you will never ride LD again.  In the example given, all riders received their credit for the miles, which is all any of the LD rides will give.  No points were not awarded and/or lost.