[RC] LD and Placings - Karen Bohn

I'm sorry, but I don't get the reasoning that you are automatically "second class" if you ride LD's.  I've only been in this sport for 5 years and I don't ride an Arab (well, I did at one ride) ... even worse, I ride a gaited horse (Paso Fino).   I have NEVER felt "second class" when doing an LD or a 50.  Or maybe I have been treated "second class" but wasn't observant enough to notice.  I've also worked rides and have never seen anyone treat the LD riders any differently than the other distance riders, except for those crazy Ride & Tie people who get to go to the front of the vet line.  :-)

If you are being treated "second class", its probably because you are acting "second class".

Karen

"Can't we all ... just ... get along?"
      Rodney King