[RC] charging dogs - sherman

My neighbor was a victim of a dog attack. The dog jumped a fence, then attacked in front, then ran around to the back & that’s the last my neighbor remembers. He came to unable to get himself home, luckily the offending dog’s owner was home to help. My neighbor spent a few days in intensive care with a concussion, had to have a metal plate put in, also suffered 7 broken ribs. It effectively ended his horseshoeing and training career as he was older and has too much pain to continue to work. If the squirt gun with vinegar or ammonia doesn’t work you might want to file a report with animal control, especially if there is a law in your county about dogs being under control.

Good luck and be careful,

Kathy

Don't wait till the dog is starting to get close enough to grab the tail or bite. I've seen horses and riders badly hurt in the wrecks caused by aggressive dogs.