[RC] To The Feed experts - sherman

I’m no expert, but Ive dealth with many easy keepers and a few hard keepers. I’d cut the sweet feed completely, and cut the alfalfa down to maybe 25 percent of their total hay intake, or don’t feed it at all. Stay away from the COB, easy keepers sure don’t need it. My easy keeper gets only beardless wheat hay ann occasional carrot or horse cookie. She does have some grass now, but when it really starts coming in I lock her up at night so she can’t graze 24/7. It’s better than risking her becoming overweight.

Kathy