Re: [RC] Cat shot - OT - SandyDSA

It is hard to "weigh in" on either side of this sad situation; unfortunately, in the great and overrun state of California, you are required to keep your pet on your own property. People do not have a right to have pets at someone else's expense. Recently, there has been a situation up here where one man has caused an ENTIRE COMMUNITY to have to go to the post office to get their mail, many of them seniors. Why? Because this man allows - ALLOWS - his pit bull to run amok. While this is potentially much worse than a marauding kitty, it IS part and parcel of the reason we are losing more and more freedoms - because some people ABUSE them - and in doing so abuse OTHERS. Indeed, the sale of our house 2 years ago was affected by the total and complete mess our VERY visible neighbors had in THEIR barn yard. While we cleaned our facility DAILY, they, only 3 days a week, if that. We groomed and worked our horses regularly, they, perhaps  MONTHLY. Perhaps. So when it came time to sell our home, that was the most asked question - how do we deal with the...neighbors?  In the end, someone else' negligence cost us only money:) - it is far too easy for someone else's negligence to cost a life.

I am hoping ONE moral to the story is - keep your pets where they are safe, and preferably off other people's property. Sure hope the kitty lives to cuddle on the couch!