Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:34 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] cat shot/horse shot

Nothing gets me more steamed that the whole "dogs running free" thing.  I was almost pulled off my bike as a 12-year-old kid by a rottweiler that attacked me as I rode past the owner's house (coincidentally, on my way to the arab show barn I volunteered at).  And now I'll never fufill my dreams of being an underpants model....sigh.  I could go on for hours with stories about my traumatic childhood and animals.

I see that "my dog can do no wrong" attitude every day at the clinic.  It also transfers to children, though.  Both are equally irresponsible.

Needless to say, being hypersensitive to that attitude, my husband and I opted to have our fear-aggressive dog put down this last fall.  It was a heartbreaking decision to make, but I knew it was for the better of mankind.  We were always in danger of someone getting seriously hurt, and her quality of life (and ours) was getting bad.

Elly