Re: [RC] [RC] Malaysia WEC2008 - qualifications criterias - Maryanne Gabbani

But does it HAVE to be like that? Surely there could be an alternative.... or eventually all sport will be something that only professionals and rich people engage in while the rest of the world sits and watches it on TV.  Shades of sci-fi, but I can surely see the gentle beginnings of such a scenario.

Maryanne
who won't join her national federation because she knows all too well where the money goes.

On Dec 5, 2007 10:15 AM, < Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

well, we have the same problem with the passport and the cost involved, here in Europe. On top of that all horses need a chip now and are all registered in a database. All horse movements have to be reported. You want go to France for a ride, you have to ask the vet inspection to come and make the paperwork (they don't even look at the horse) and pay, pay pay. One have to add 100 euros on the total cost of a ride.

c'est la vie :-(

Leonard (www.endurance-belgium.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: John Teeter [mailto:ridecamp@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 12/4/2007 8:19 PM
To: Sisu West Ranch
Cc: LIESENS Leonard (COMM); ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   Malaysia WEC2008 - qualifications criterias

On Dec 4, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Sisu West Ranch wrote:

> "...3. AERC national rides are like our national rides; they just
> have another acronym..."
>
> If this interpretation is right, the AERC will soon be requiring
> passports etc. For all rides.

USEF will require passports on all CEI and CEN rides (well, I don't
think they have decided on CEN - but when they start having them,
they will need to decide).  AERC rides are another matter entirely as
long as they are not sanctioned by USEF.  If/when USEF begins
sanctioning CEN rides AERC will need to address the issue. Hopefully
the AERC-I committee is all over this:)

An interesting side note, starting next year, FEI is requiring all
participants to have FEI passports. The national passports which have
been used in the past will not be honored any more.

The effect in the US, where the US Passport is just like the FEI
passport except for the color of the folder will be minimal (well, it
will cost $s to convert them, but hopefully less than the original
fee), but in Australia, where the national log book has been accepted
at FEI rides as the "passport", it will, some think, totally stifle
the participation in FEI events. It will cost the Aussies (and the
Kiwis) a new FEI passport as the price of admission to their first
FEI ride of 2008.

jt

--
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani