Re: [RC] Malaysia WEC2008 - qualifications criterias - Sisu West Ranch

"...3. AERC national rides are like our national rides; they just have another acronym..."

If this interpretation is right, the AERC will soon be requiring passports etc. For all rides.
My reasoning:
The FEI is paranoid that the wrong horse will be entered and thus requires careful identification via passport.  When I have seen this done it took quite awhile for each horse.  This would raise the staffing needs of AERC rides considerably, and really piss off the average AERC rider who has no aspirations of ever riding FEI.  If only COC horses were checked, an unscrupulous rider could claim that he/she had left the passport home or that this was a different horse and thus did not need a passport.

If John Smith were to get his COC on Beetlebomb and then later enter Beetlebomb in an AERC only ride where Beetlebomb colics and needs an IV, how would the RM and or AERC report that this was actually Beetlebomb, unless the horses passport was checked before or during treatment?  If the passport was not checked, John Smith could just claim to the FEI that it was some other horse entered.  I'll bet that this would hold up given the legalistic non-trusting nature of international sports.

This is possibly another example of why the AERC should divorce itself from international competition.

ED

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875