From: John Teeter [mailto:johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:02 PM
To: LIESENS Leonard (COMM)
Cc: Ridecamp Alexandria
Subject: Re: [RC] Malaysia WEC2008 - qualifications criterias

I have wondered about this since they put it in place. Two questions come to mind:

1) is giving fluids following a metabolic pull "invasive treatment" if given intra-venously?
2) what is the "time window" for the metabolic treatments restriction. The horse is already eliminated, so the 2 hour restriction does not apply.

The other difficulty, in the US at least, is that there are no "National" rides (i.e. CEN rides), they are all AERC - do these count??

The effect of this on the US is, IMO:), that our selection process needs adjustment so that we do not put riders/horses at risk of loosing their CoCs in order to make the team ....

jt
(p.s. if you haven't seen the Patagonia images .... what can I say!!

)