[RC] ot- adopting Morgan the new dog, long and unhappy - april

    So how many of yall don't call the vet unless you need to, worm your dogs by weight from the horse wormer, and give your own shots for everything you can?
We can have Morgan IF I get a vet to certify that my other dogs are up to date on their shots and on heart worm preventative.
    They are due for Rabies in October. I don't mind getting that done a little early. I have never given Rabies shots. In IL most counties have
an annual clinic for Rabies, costs around $13 a dog for the 3 yrs shot.  They were done right before we moved down here. Where is the paper work..... in a box somewhere. I could find it if that would make a difference. The clinic was at the park, half a block from my house, the week before Halloween, every year.
    The rest of the shots I get from a friend of the family who has technically been retired for 20yrs. He tried to talk me into letting him deliver my children, with much teasing about biting through the =
umbilical cord just like you do sheep. I'm not actually sure he was joking. He buys his own stuff and stuff for a hand full of people like me that he knows. Heck, illegal as it is he fixed all my cats on my
kitchen table. I did farm calls with him all the time I was growing up. I was free help to do what people go to school (vet tech) for now, and I was out of mom and dads hair for  the day. So..... everybody is actually up to date on shots, but I can't prove it.
Heart worm preventative.... um... I use horse wormer. I actually weigh each dog, every time. We had a collie , border collie mix. No sense taking chances. Figuring and measuring the dose is not rocket science after all.
    This is a quote from the email I got from the shelter

""....we must have a solid vet reference that includes all vaccination history (boosters and rabies), and proof of heartworm preventative.

If you can either provide proof of these things through a vets office or update your animals, we would be happy to proceed with your
application..."