[RC] Foxcatcher 50 - Thekids18049

Another Successful ride! Kevin rode dodie's walker mare "BeeBee" they completed and got tutle. She did awesome but was tired so the last 10 mile loop they took nearly 3 hours!!! Just went really slow. She wanted to go faster but he had the time so he took it. It was her first 50 ever and her first distance ride since 05. I think she got all A's and one B on her final check! YEAH!

Joker and I completed in around 8 hrs. Took the first 2 loops slow with kevin and his horse. Then we split up on the last 10 mile loop. We both decided it was better for him to take it real slow on the final leg. After 40 miles, we didn't want to take a chance of either of them not completing. Plus they were BOTH tired. It was kevin's first 50 as well! YEAH! (Kevin is my twin brother) not identical.

Anyhow, We did the last 10 mile loop in about an hr! We went so fast we caught up with Megan Delp and the Brosious' group who left an hr. before me! I stayed with them the last 2 miles perhaps. We all raced in together! It was so much fun! Me and Jim Brosious took the lead out of the group to the finish line but he beat us by about 1/2 a horse! It was great fun!

And we didn't get rained on! It rained some overnight. I kept waking up when it started and stop. I didn't sleep very well. It rained for a minute or two after we were all done. Had a hard time getting out of the field though!

Lisa Delp got pulled at 40 miles. Her guy was a little stiff in the hind so megan went out with the Brosious'. Wendy Mancini got pulled at the finish with Ol'Jim. He too was off in the hind. there were not many pulls. Mostly lameness. You can see the results at www.fairhillinternational.com under foxcatcher somewhere. Photos will be posted on www.ellenpons.com I think. That's on the site as well.

Next stop Bare Bones 50 in New Hampshire!

Everything was great! Allisa did an awesome job managing and everyone else who helped out!

Kyle

P.S. Joker still had lots of go go after the 50 miles. Before we left we took them both for a walk up and down the whole base camp before the 2 hr. trip home. Especially to loosen up tired BeeBee. Joker wanted to  trot the entire thing!

See what's free at AOL.com.