Re: [RC] [RC] Question for Non-Arab owners re: Pulse rates - Lysane Cree

I started my Paint this summer in CTR. When we get to a vet check, we have four minutes to get the horse down for a pulse check. The horse has to be below 40 otherwise you lose a quarter of a point for every two beats above 40. So far, my mare has not had a problem doing that, she is usually around 36.
As soon as I get there, I pull the saddle, let her drink and sponge for most of the four minutes just to be sure.

Lysane

Lysane

Maryben Stover <mbstover@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have ridden a mule, quarter horse, spotted saddle horse, appaloosa, TWH, and others.  If they are in shape they can all recover within 30 minutes.  Mine all did and some of them were pretty darn little and they carried a heavyweight................mb