[RC] cervical stenosis and riding - mary

After getting my lumbar stenosis fixed I now find out I have severe cervical stenosis in the 4-5 from both the front and back.  In 1999 I had it in  c5-6 but that has improved.  The neurosurgeon said that since I am not having any weakness or numbness that he would not suggest surgery but ..... he did warn me against falling and whiplash.  Of course since my husband was there and not a horse person I did not ask any questions that would result in "no riding".  Does anyone know if he might have been warning me because if I fell I would need the operation or because I would end up paralyzed?  And is there anything I could do to make this one get better like my old one? Thanks.

- Mary