Re: [RC] Serious Question//Cardiac Pacemaker in Endurance/Tests - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Further to this discussion, and generalizing to other conditions, it is not
all black and white.

If the issue is blood thinners, and the person wants to take the risk, make
sure to get frequent blood tests for "clotting times" so that at least one
is in therapeutic range and not bleed-to-death-shaving range. I know of
hemophiliacs who go camping in the wilderness w/ IV clotting factors in
their backpacks.

If the issue is cardiovascular--including high blood pressure, arrhythmias,
or chest discomfort--GET A TREADMILL/STRESS TEST from a sports cardiologist.

Beverley

Beverley Kane, MD
Horsensei Equine-Assisted Learning & Therapy
Woodside, CA
http://www.horsensei.com

See Stanford Medical School "Medicine & Horses" on NBC-TV
http://www.horsensei.com/nbcnews.html